Highland Park’s Roots
1944 // Highland Park Baptist Church is birthed by a small group of people from Okalona Baptist Church.
1944 // HPBC purchases “The Silver Slipper” nightclub as a meeting place for worship on West 6th Street in Muscle Shoals.
1959 // HP’s first worship center is complete.
1973 // HP builds a gym, complete with a roller staking rink on the upper level.
1991 // A new worship center is completed, seating approximately 500 people, along with
educational space and offices.
2003 // A new preschool and children’s building is completed.
2014 // Highland Park Baptist Church relocates to its current campus on South Wilson Dam Road.
2019 // “The Live Campaign” is launched to prepare us for future growth and ministry.